[orca-list] latest ubuntu on dell dimension 8200?

Hi,

I tried ubuntu with gnome and orca over a year ago when ubuntu7.10 was out qnd it was gutsy gibbon I think. anyway I never could get it to boot on my dell dimension8200 so I wonder if the latest ubuntu will be different? Once I get my laptop in january I want to turn this desktop into a ubuntu-only machine. I find that system76.com computers are very expensive so will go on ebay and get another laptop so I can have one xp laptop, one ubuntu desktop and one ubuntu laptop. Also, any games out there that work good with ubuntu that we blind people can play? I also read that gnome has a lite-graphics-mode. could a vibuntu lite maybe be made, someday, a vibuntu with gnome and orca with no graphical effects and unneeded services? if that cannot be done that's ok but if it can that would be cool to have a vibuntu lite, and strip gnome down to what is needed to run it such as alsa for sound and abi-word and stuff.

also, is gnomefiles.org i think i spelled that right, is it a good place to get orca-friendly applications?

Josh

email: jkenn337 gmail com
msn: kenn6498ku hotmail com
skype: jkenn337