[orca-list] Accessibility login button on assistive technologies page

HI again.

Can anyone tell me and everyone else on the list what does the accessibility loggin button do on the assistive technology preference page under the system preferences assistive technology menu?
when I hit the space bar on the accessable login button, orca doesn't speak and I can't work out why.
Is this a bug in orca or something?

What's the easiest way I can have orca startup once I boot in to my ubuntu system from the grub boot menu?

Thanks.