Re: [orca-list] Punctuation, capital letters, exchange of characters and strings, generally error in the design of Orca

Hi,
On So, Apr 13, 2008 at 10:38:26 +0200, Hermann wrote:

However: If it would be possible to solve the issue with libportaudio in
Espeak, there would be no need for Pulseaudio, since it is a large
tool.

Hermann,
We need a general solution for this Problem.
I am not working with espeak.
So it might be a solution for espeak but not for other synths.
Generaly I cant understand why we are trying to solve the softmixing
problem by adding another layer (pulseaudio) between speech-synthesizer
and the used soundcard.
If we don't want to use (current implementation of speechd) the most
useful thing is to fix the problems in alsas dmix plugin.
Regards
Halim