Re: [orca-list] noticed glitches in sound with orca on gutsy.

Hi, well first of all I am a new user, so make sure and check what I say.
I did a sudo apt-get install speech-dispatcher
but after installing, I noticed that I could not open orca
prefferences. It was necessary to get a friend over to help me follow
directions in the speech-dispatcher faq.
We had to kill the festival speech driver, I believe. We had to remove
something called speech-factory.
When you are able to get in to orca prefferences you need to select
speech dispatcher as the speech system. Evidently the gnome-speech
services can mess things up.
Please check the speech-dispatcher faq for details.
Good luck!
Ruity