Re: [orca-list] problem to start orca

Hi Sebastian:

In work for GNOME 2.22, the Orca SVN trunk is migrating to pyatspi (http://live.gnome.org/GAP/PythonATSPI), the unified Python bindings for the AT-SPI. Pyatspi has been incorporated into GNOME 2.20.

The result of this is that Orca v2.21.x and up will require pyatspi support to be installed on your machine. If you have GNOME 2.20 on your machine, pyatspi should be installed already.

If you'd rather wait, you can continue to work with the gnome-2-20 branch of Orca. It does not require pyatspi, and we continually roll high visibility bug fixes back into the branch.

Hope this helps,

Will

Sebastian Andres wrote:
Hello, I have installed Orca from the svn on my system (Debian Testing). When I know start orca, I get the following error message:
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 54,
  in ?
    import pyatspi
ImportError: No module named pyatspi

When I use an orca-version from the last Week, the programm starts
without any problems and work very well. Thank you for your hints Best regards Sebastian