[orca-list] latest gutsy updates

Hey all, just have a question about latest gutsy updates.  When I first
installed Gutsy on my laptop, I was running Speech-dispatcher with
ttsynth voices.  This was speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 beta 1.  After today's
updates, I notice after reboot that Espeak is talking, with no ttsynth
in my Orca preferences menu.  If I download the 0.6.4 release, will a
command sequence such as: "./configure --prefix=/usr, make, make
install" replace the what seems to be reinstalled speech-dispatcher
package?  I was actually wanting to download the release version anyway,
but I would like the compiled s-d to live in /usr/bin, the default
location.  Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated, and as
always, thanks for the assistance.

Guy