Re: [orca-list] eSpeak, Speech-dispatcher, Orca and voice variations in Gutsy

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
It does seem possible to change the eSpeak voice in Orca preferences.
The only problem is that I still can only select default male voices.
The other male variations and the female variations seem to be
unavailable, as they are when using the gnome-speech driver.

Hi Lorenzo, I'm not quite sure which variations you mean.  Could you
please give an example?  Which espeak version are you using and which
voices would you like to see in Orca preferences voice selection?

Also, it has come to my attention that it is impossible to cause eSpeak
to click on capitals as with the espeak -k1 option using both the
speech-dispatcher and gnome-speech backends with Orca. It also seems
impossible to set this option anywhere in speech-dispatcher. I
personally prefer this behaviour very much over a pitch increase, but
other than in eSpeak itself, it seems to be unimplemented.

Speech Dispatcher supports several modes of capital letter recognition.
 For example it can play a sound icon.  I'm not sure now, how this can
be used with Orca.  I'll try to have a look at it.

Best regards, Tomas