[orca-list] some food for thought, was Re: Blockquotes?

Hi,
Hmm, ok now i think i see where you're coming from. The big question is
should this announcement of external and internal links be optional?
I agree that it can make sence with links and anchors, but i don't know
whether i only should be annoyed at it or not, were it optional, i.e via
an app-specific setting for FF, then i could choose whether to use it or
not...
Maybe, as a thought to the developers, just maybe the verbosity levels
should be revamped. Right now as i understand it, all the brief
verbosity does is removing reading of shortcut keys, maybe user profiles
would be another way? That way one could have a dialog reachable from
the prefs where you could change what to read and what not to read and
have profiles or levels, rather like Jaws or Mobile speak, where you
have beginner, intermediate and advanced profiles wher you have certain
default values, but you can still customize the behaviour of these profiles.
/Krister

Hermann wrote:
Hi Krister,
I know this blockquotes from Jaws and Window Eyes, but I never ever used
it.
Regarding "lage objects": I think it could be rebuild to just moving to
"large blocks of non-link text"; then it would be useful. But actually you
land sometimes on links, headings etc., and I couldn't figure out why.
Perhaps because they have long names...
Regarding frames: There are FF hotkeys for frames (F6 and Shift+F6), but
the problem the developers have to solve here is the identification of the
frames. This seems a bit tricky since they often are not labeled properly.
Maybe further accessibility development by the FF team is needed, but I
think it should be done as soon as possible.
Another item are anchors. Either there is a new keystroke implemented, or,
since they are links, pressing "u" and "shift+u" should announce them as
they appear. This variant is implemented in Firevox, it announces "external
link" and "internal link" when you come upon a link.
Hermann