Re: [orca-list] SSL dialogs in Firefox

Hi Rudolf.

Strange. Today, I downloaded the lates firefox again, and it still does
not work.

Strange indeed. <frown> I just tried the site in question with today's trunk build of Firefox and the latest Orca from svn trunk. Orca's reading the dialog box for me. Are you using the latest Orca? If so....

Should I report abug in bugzilla?

If you wouldn't mind, that would be great. Thanks! When you do, I'm going to reply with a request for a debug.out file so I might as well ask for it now. <smile>

Pleas edit your ~/.orca/user-settings.py file and uncomment the following three lines by removing the initial "#":

#orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_ALL
#orca.debug.eventDebugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_OFF
#orca.debug.debugFile = open(time.strftime('debug-%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S.out'), 'w', 0)

(It looks like the third line wrapped into a fourth in this message, but there are really only three lines.)

Having done so, the next time you launch Orca, a bunch of debugging output will get dumped into a file whose name begins with "debug" ends with ".out" and has a time stamp in between. This file can be found in whatever directory you started Orca from. By default this will be your home directory. So having made the above edits, quit Orca, relaunch it, reproduce the problem. Then quit Orca, relaunch it, recomment the above three lines. Quit and relaunch Orca one more time and you should be back to normal. If you could attach the first debug.out that results to the bug you file, it would be very helpful.

Thanks much!
Joanie