Re: [orca-list] Orca install

Hello,
My thoughts are that this is suitable sort of stuff for the list, even
if only related to the main topic. If I hadn't known of GRML, I would
have thought ubuntu with orca was the only way to install Linux (so may
have only asked about if any other distro uses orca for accessible
install), so I think it is worth mentioning GRML as that is another way
to install Linux, and even knowning about GRML, I didn't know that it
might be so difficult to get orca running on it. So if orca is the thing
actually being sought then GRML may not be the thing. I had understood
from a quick search on the internet that you should be able to install
the gnome desktop all through apt with very little difficulty on GRML.

Just to answer your comment regarding speechd-up, yes it is the version
GRML use according to the information you have given, update it and you
will have solved the international character problems.

The main point I would make is that no tool is best for all tasks, and
it is always worth knowing about what is out there and their various
strengths so you can make the right choice.

From
Michael Whapples