Re: [orca-list] RealPlayer, firefox and orca

My question is, what is the difference when something is launched by
firefox (I think I have seen this with other apps)? Is there any work
around to make these accessible? Or do I need to download the file
first?

Very strange. I'm not sure. It might be that applications launched via Firefox are given a different environment. One way to experiment with this is to just move the realplayer app to something else (e.g., /usr/bin/real_realplay) and then create a simple /usr/bin/realplay script that does something like the following:

#!/bin/bash
env > /tmp/foo
real_realplay

Then, run realplay the normal way and save /tmp/foo away to a safe spot. Then, launch realplay from Firefox and compare the resulting /tmp/foo to the one you saved.

Will