Re: [orca-list] accessible login with Orca

Hi George:

"orca -n -d main-window" should be the right command, and this is the
core of what works on Solaris for accessible login.  I've tried setting
up accessible login recently on Ubuntu, however, and something seems
wrong in the Ubuntu build.  I've dropped Henrik an e-mail on this with
the hopes Ubuntu can fix it.

I realize you're talking full time accessible login versus one that
requires a specific keystroke to start Orca.  I've not tried this at
all.  Does the keystroke-based approach to start Orca when gdm is
running work for you?  If not, you can do the following in a
gnome-terminal to start debugging the problem:

GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge:keymouselistener gcalctool

Once gcalctool comes up (it fails on Ubuntu), keep focus on it and issue
the appropriate keystroke to launch Orca.  Informational error messages
should hopefully pop up in the gnome-terminal where you ran gcalctool.
On Ubuntu, I get a BadDevice error, which is what I've sent to Henrik.

Will