Re: [orca-list] form field structural navigation

krishnakant Mane wrote:
another thing I find problem with is open office.  I suppose ubuntu
feisty comes with version 2.2 and what is more accessible is 2.3, is
there some way I can get it and have orca work with it?  do I have to
download it and just install and expect orca to work all right with
it?

You can download latest OOo snapshots from:
http://download.openoffice.org/680/index.html

Just like with Firefox 3, these snapshots are a work in progress.
Sometimes they improve things. Sometimes there are regressions.
Use them at your own risk and please provide feedback on any
problems you find.

I'll include the notes Mike gave me for installing OOo from these
snapshots as it wasn't immediately obvious to me how to do it.

* Download the appropriate snapshot for your computer from the
 OpenOffice site.

* Unpack the compressed tarball with:

 % gzip -dc <tarball>.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

* Change into the .../<dist-name>/RPMS directory.

* First time, I had to:

 % sudo apt-get install alien

 to install the alien application.

* To install OpenOffice I then ran:

 % sudo alien -i *.rpm --scripts

 (This takes a long time. Have a couple of your favorite
  beverages while you wait).

* The installation puts files under an openoffice directory
 under /opt on your computer. I foreget the exact name; it
 changes with each minor release. The various applications
 (soffice, swriter, scalc ...) can be found in the "programs"
 sub-directory.