Re: Orca customizing readCharAttributes for StarOffice.py

Hi Joanie, thanks for all these great ideas.
I have figured out how to grab all of this information when the toolbar
happens to be visible.  What I'm toying with now is what to do with it.
I figured I'd brainstorm with y'all. <smile>

We have been working with the star office team to expose this information through the at-spi. I'm really reluctant to depend on weather or not the toolbar is visible as is past screen reader experience has shown that it causes more frustration for the end user to depend on this. information being shown in the toolbar when we should be able to query the character directly.
The other possibility that occurs to me is to handle things completely
in StarOffice.py and not pass anything along to the super class for
handling. The reason I'm thinking this might be worthwhile is that there
is potentially a lot of attributes which you care about when formatting
a document that you might not care about in some other environment (e.g.
email).

This is something I'd really like the communities feedback on as we've really tried to keep the current output as uniform as possible as my preference is the keep the "instert+f" output as generic wherever we can independent of what application is running but if the community would like each app to be more independent lets discuss this. I do understand that different applications expose more information that we need to take into account but I've been trying to include that information which is common between applications wherever possible. Thoughts on this please?
Mike