Re: Orca install

mike coulombe wrote:
Hi is there a way to get orca to work with the installer in ubuntu.

We are working on a better solution to this, but for the moment you can try running both orca and ubiquity as root.

In a terminal type:

sudo su (and enter your password)
orca (and answer the 4 questions)
orca (to start it a second time)
ubiquity (runs the installer)

Unfortunately the installer itself has some parts that are not well accessible, esp. in the partitioner section. Feedback on the general usability of the installer with Orca would be welcome.

Orca team: Do you think a custom script for the installer would help with this? I guess I should read up on how to write those ...

Henrik