Re: Orca Quiting orca

Rich Burridge wrote:
Chris Jones wrote:
What way is orca supposed to be made to quit apart from ctrl+c?

Typing Insert-q when focus is in an accessible application will quit Orca

You can also run Also "kill -TERM <orca pid>" will work, where
"<orca pid>" is the process id of the initial Orca shell script.

"kill -HUP <orca pid>" will restart Orca.

With the brand spanking new release of Orca v1.0 (released by Will yesterday),
you will also just be able to do:

  orca --quit

  or

  orca -q

from the command line.

Actually we are looking for a more GUI-based way to quit Orca, for non-VI users and magnifier users. It relates to the menu integration post I made to the list last week.

Ideally we should have a button on the Orca GUI [Quit Orca] that essentially does Insert + q.

Key bindings like Insert-q are not very accessible to GUI-trained non-technical Ubuntu users :) Esp. when it's not well documented in the OS itself.

- Henrik