Re: Orca "no focus" and hangs.

Hi Javier:

I've been looking around the web using Google for what we can do to
reduce the hangs we are seeing with Python and Orca.  My general
impression is that the Python threading model presents a challenge and
we need to work through where things are locking up.  We're getting
there one step at a time.

When I worked on the Xt intrinsics a long time ago, we used to roll our
own main loop to test things out.  I applied the same trick to Orca this
week, and checked it in as latent support.  You can enable it by adding
the following to your ~/.orca/user-settings.py file:

orca.settings.useBonoboMain=False

A few of our users who have tried this out report that hangs are
drastically reduced, but we do take a responsiveness hit.  If you can
try this out, I'd be interested in what you find both in terms of
reliability and performance.

Will