Orca incoming messages in Gaim not being read; work-around no longer working

Hi all.  A week or so ago, I posted that incoming messages in Gaim were
not being read.  At the time I was using 0.2.5.  Mike proposed a
work-around, namely moving flat review to the chat area at the beginning
of the session.  That worked great!!

Now I am using 0.2.6 from CVS.  Incoming messages are not being read
automatically and Mike's work-around is no longer working.

Thanks and take care.
Joanie