Orca closure to all my issues

Hi list,

  I just wanted to give closure to my many issues. I just got done
talking to Will, a very big help indeed, so now I wanted to let everyone
in on how orca came to life again.

  My first issue was that orca wasn't working in the first place, but to
begin with, I was using gnopernicus. After getting an email from a very
good user of orca on this list, I ran

orca -t

ran the text based setup, and amazingly speech worked during this time.
I had ran orca after the setup with no hangs, only for the exception to
launching administrative aps which causes a hang in speech and a
migrain. Other then that it had worked. I then thought if I rebooted, or
logged in again in another account such as root, then back again that
speech would not fire up as normal. I was wrong, and after logging in
and out several times, I have had good luck. This same info applies to
after a reboot as well.

In conclusion gnopernicus and orca are not best buddies and have learned
to pick one and stay with it so no further issues will arise. Orca is a
great screen reader, and its all in the matter of how things are done.
Computers don't do anything if we don't tell it to do whatever we want
them to do, so I was obviously doing something wrong. If anybody has
this issue in the future, I hope that this conclusion email will prove
helpful.

  As a side note I had asked Will about the upper case pitch in
orca/gnopernicus and why it does not sound uppercased, even after
adjusting the settings in the (insert+space) orca prefs window. I now
know that festival doesn't allow that to work, and I learned something I
didn't know an hour ago. So, for those of you wondering if this is a
bug, it is, but I wasn't doing anything wrong. I hope I covered all my
bases here. I want to also say I have finally settled on one distro and
am sorry for posting 1000000 questions to this list every day asking
what to do with 10 new distros.

Cody