Re: Orca orca on ubuntu

Hello, Cody.

Cody wrote:

does any linux distribution not come with a c compiler? when I tried to compile orca it gave me an error saying no c compiler found.

That is because Ubuntu desktop doesn't come with gcc installed. As I recall doing apt-get install build-essentials will grab gcc and g++ as well as other necessary components for development. It is not a very large update and should take more than 20 minutes on a modem and faster on high-speed. After doing build-essentials I see I got gcc 4.0 so I expect that is what you are likely to get.