Re: Orca Stability issues with 2.17.3

Hi Hermann:

This sounds a lot like the applications are crashing and Orca is hanging
while trying to read the crash dialogs.  If I recall correctly, the root
of the problem is that the CORBA calls from Orca to the app are hanging,
causing Orca to hang.  :-(  Rich Burridge from the Orca team did some
work to help prevent these hangs, and to also allow Orca to read the
crash dialogs from the application.

The other issue regarding you needed to reboot after Nautilus crashes
sounds like something might have gone awry in the AT-SPI infrastructure
and it needed a kick in the pants.

I see you mention Orca v2.17.3 as being a possible suspect.  If you try
keeping all other things constant, except use Orca v2.17.2, do you see
the same problems?

Will