Strange behavior with Dec Express and Orca

Hi all,
First, apologies if this question would be better directed to the Emacspeak list, but anyway, here goes.

I'm using the Emacspeak speech server for my Dec Express, and for the most part it works quite well with Orca. However, any time I encounter text enclosed in brackets, for example, [root localhost~] the string is parsed as a command code for the Dec itself, rather than just being spoken as text. I've tested for the same behavior in Emacspeak, but it doesn't happen there.

My knowledge of how the speech server interfaces with Orca is completely nonexistent, so not sure how to go about troubleshooting or fixing the problem. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ricky