Cross-compiling ORBit2

Hello!

I'm new to this list. My name is Piotr Gaczkowski and I am currently
working on a project that will allow cross-compilation of various FLOSS
libraries to the MinGW32 platform and provide an environment for
development of projects using such libs.

So far GTK+, libglade, gtkmm and libglademm are done. The next point for
me is to build GConf. GConf depends on ORBit2 and here lies the problem.

ORBit2 produces a compiler that needs to be executed for build to
succeed. It is of course impossible to execute an executable for a
different architecture so building fails.

I tried different approaches:

1. Compile with native GCC, using --host=x86_64-linux-gnu
--target=i586-mingw32msvc. Compiles, but produces only *.so not *.dll so
probably unusable for compilation of GConf.

2. Compile with MinGW32 cross-compiler using same flags. Doesn't compile
due to several things:
 *) lack of -pthread switch
 *) sys/socket.h missing
 *) sys/uio.h missing

Is there any proper way to build ORBit2 cross-compiler and have the
libraries for the target platform also?

Piotr Gaczkowski