Re: glib / CORBA integration examples ...

Michael Meeks <michael@ximian.com> wrote:
> 	Have you actually seen that ? if so, we need an autoconf check for such
> architectures and a little magic in the smart allocator.

I have seen it, using a non-standard allocator called NJAMD. It's a
fence-post memory debugger (amonst other things), so when you allocate
a chunk with an odd size while doing overflow checking, you get back an
odd pointer (the chunk is at the end of a page, pages *are* evenly
aligned, even - odd == odd).

This is at least the case on Intel, which has no alignment restrictions.
--
Sam "Eddie" Couter  |  mailto:sam@topic.com.au
Internet Engineer   |  jabber:sam@jabber.topic.com.au

PGP signature