Re: ORBit2-2.4.1 file corba-defs.idl parse error

Hi Matthew,

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, Matthew Langford wrote:

> Solaris 2.6, 2.8, using Forte compiler 6 update 2, more or less up-to-date
> on patches...

	Sorry for your woes :/

> ../../../src/orb/orb-core/corba-defs.idl:27: Error: parse error,
> unexpected TOK_SRCFILE, expecting TOK_ENUM or TOK_STRUCT or TOK_UNION

	I remember fixing this before and sure enough after a bit of
poking about in our build setup I found the magic incantation. If you
set the CPP var to the default preprocessor shipped with Solaris (when
building libIDL) it should build smoothly .. so ..

	CPP=/usr/lib/cpp ./configure ....

	I can't remember the deatils but forte's cpp was b0rked (and
AFAIR non C99 compliant output). Laca, can you remember the details ?
Did we inform the forte group and did they do anything about it? My
mind is distinctly hazy ... :/

HTH,
Mark.