Re: Server listening on multiple IP addresses

Roland Mas (2000-12-22 15:30:11 +0100) :

(Following up on myself)

> ior-decode seems to imply the IOR file contains only a host name
> (FQDN) but no IP address.  Hm.
>
>   So I go and read the source (0.5.3), and apparently the listen()
> call is done so that the server only listens on the IP address of the
> result of gethostname().

  I'm not so sure anymore that the server only listens on just one IP
address.  On the other hand, the IOR seems to contain only a hostname
and no IP address.

  If the server does really listen on several IP addresses but only
includes one hostname in the IOR, how can I change that behaviour?
I'd need to get all the IP addresses the machine has, then do a
reverse DNS lookup, would I not?

Thanks again,
Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Time passed, which, basically, is its job.
  -- in Equal Rites (Terry Pratchett)