Re: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit

Alexander Viro wrote:
> > Err... how about this:  Give me two or three kORBit syscalls and I can get
> > rid of all the other 100+ syscalls!  :)
>
> Like it ioctl() does it? Number of entry points is _not_ an issue. Diversity
> of the API is. Technically, kernel has 1 (_o_n_e_) entry point as far as
> userland is concerned. int 0x80 on x86. Can't beat that, can you?

If there's one thing that could be nicer, ioctl() would be it.
ioctl() works ok in C and terribly in everything else.
CORBA works well in scripting languages and Java, and sucks in C
compared with a simple ioctl().

Is there a way to marry the best sides of each?

Is 9P that way (I don't know much about it)?

-- Jamie