Re: autohide

Havoc Pennington wrote:
Hi,

I can't find the code that makes an autohide-mode bigboard autohide -
it just stays open until you manually close it, right? Am I missing
this code?

This ends up a little weird since no strut is set on an autohide-mode
sidebar, your desktop is not really usable while it's open.
The idea was that if you had the sidebar hidden you would want to pop it out to do a quick action like a search or launch an application, and then it should hide again. Since the idea is you only wanted it visible temporarily, all of your applications shouldn't shift (i.e.
we shouldn't set a strut).

It looks like the code to hide again on an action stopped working, I can take a look.
I'm not sure of the intended behavior though? Should it autohide after
a timeout if it's not focused and the mouse is not over it? Or would
that break in some cases?
We used to do that, but it felt unpredictable.