RE: I'd like to use the upstream DHCP server when using network sharing.

Actually, I am using a bridge.  It is currently between two NICs.
We removed the 'upstream' NIC from the bridge and then enabled
NetworkManager interface sharing on the bridge.
NetworkManager selects the Wi-Fi connection and creates all the plumbing and
it works.
There are some issues.
The first on that list is that we'd like to convince the dnsmasq started by
NetworkManager to proxy or forward DHCP request to the Wi-Fi connection.

Mark K Vallevand
Unisys | 651-635-7708 | mark vallevand unisys com

MATERIAL and is for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its
attachments from all devices.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
-  Groucho