Re: a review on "nm_device_get_state called from 2 different applications for the same device does not report that same status"

No I don't
Plus, my application is just using some of nm features and it's not a "GLib application" (or whatever it is called). Thus I have no idea, how to have my own main function and have the glib's main at the same time, unless using pthreads and asking one thread to run MY main and the other to run glib's main.

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM, Thomas Haller <thaller redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, 2016-08-21 at 11:57 +0430, Aarian P. Aleahmad wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> On 19 Feb 2013, an issue was reported on "nm_device_get_state"
> function by David Feeney here, and was answered by Dan Williams here.
> Unfortunately I'm having the same issue here too, and the topic
> couldn't help me. I would thank you if you help me to know about
> possible solutions.

Hi,

Dan suggested that the original issue was that the reporter didn't use
a glib mainloop.
The mainloop is a mechanism where the main thread processes events.
libnm depends on that.

Do you have a glib mainloop properly setup?

See for example https://cgit.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/tree/examples/C/glib/list-connections-libnm.c?id=805925f9efbc910975104bebe1050f0c663b61f7

Thomas