Re: Fwd: Having a hard time with NetworkManager on ArchLinux

Hi Tomas,

I've already enabled and started NM.  I see it with a state of "running" when I do systemctl.

As for my comment of doing it manually, there is a little tutorial that was written for Arch Linux.  In it, you can either make the connection in a manual fashion or have an another tool it automatically for you.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wireless_Setup#Wireless_management

When I start NM, I go into the top right-hand location and click on the applet and select my network.  Sometimes I see a window asking for a passphrase -- which I enter and click Connect -- and then wait for some sort of response.  But, the only thing that happens is that the same window re-appears.  I know that the passphrase is correct (checked many times.)

What I ultimately want NM to do is give me the ability to connect to various wireless connections (Library, Home, parents Home, etc.) without going through the manual setup (as described in the above link) of making such a connection.