Re: Connection priority between mobile broadband and wired

On Fri, 2014-01-03 at 13:15 -0600, Dan Williams wrote:
If this is the case, what you want to do is set the ethernet connection
to the "Shared" method in nm-connection-editor, which will cause
NetworkManager to start a DHCP server and proxy DNS server on the
ethernet connection, and then NAT the ethernet over to the WWAN to
provide connectivity.  Essentially, Internet Connection Sharing with the
WWAN connection as the ISP and the ethernet connection as the local LAN.

A very timely post, Dan - while not the original poster, I've just had
need of that advice, thanks to a failing wifi adapter on my desktop
machine.

It's not a long-term fix, but for now, I've got internet access working
again by routing it through an old laptop... much cleaner than with my
first attempt which used iptables directly...

Simon.