Bug after returning from being suspended

I am seeing a bug with network manager even tho I have now updated to the latest version 0.9.4.1-0ubuntu2

I am running ubuntu 11.04 LTS 32 bit as my OS

When I first startup it works fine.. I can connected and disconnect to any wireless network I should like.
However after being connected for a long period of time the network manager becomes unresponsive, often after unsuspending or coming out of hibernate
If i click the wifi icon I can see the correct drop downlist of available wifi connections.. but if i click on any nothing happens also if i click 'edit connections' nothing happens.

Also from time to time network manager thinks im not connected to a network any more and will attempt to auto join an alternative.
Obviously I can't stop it from doing this because it won't respond to mouse commands.

Even If i restart network manager from the console the problem still occurs until I restart the whole machine.

Is this a known bug?
Where is best to look for errors in the log.
It appears to be a major UI issue.