发件人: networkmanager-list [mailto:networkmanager-list-bounces gnome org] 代表 Graham Inggs
发送时间: 2013年6月4日 5:32
收件人: networkmanager-list gnome org
主题: [MM] Huawei E1820 and NDISDUP

My Huawei E1820 works fine with ModemManager in PPP mode.
I tried to get it to work with NDISDUP.  I added the following lines to
plugins/huawei/77-mm-huawei-net-port-types.rules:

# Huawei E1820 firmware 11.831.03.00.00
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{bInterfaceClass}=="02",
ATTRS{bInterfaceSubClass}=="06",ATTRS{bInterfaceProtocol}=="ff", ENV{ID_MM_HUAWEI_NDISDUP_SUPPORTED}="1"

ModemManager was then able to connect using the AT^NDISDUP command.
I received an IP address and DNS settings, but I didn't seem to be getting any traffic over the connection.

I noticed the following line in the output of dmesg:

[13317.359566] cdc_ether 2-5:1.1 wwan0: CDC: unexpected notification 01!

I searched for this error and came across the following post:

http://linux.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.os.linux.hardware/2011-09/msg00042.html

Sure enough, changing the MAC address of wwan0 to 00:01:02:03:04:05 solved the problem!
I am using an Ubuntu 3.8 kernel.  The modem works fine with AT^NDISDUP in Windows.
Is this a problem with the cdc_ether driver, or something that could be fixed in ModemManager?
 UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is
intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please
notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy,
redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender
in the sender's individual capacity.