Re: NetworkManager git20121211

On 01/31/2013 04:38 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
And by "virtual networks" you mean bridge interfaces, as I see from the
bug.  Bridging support will be turned off-by-default in the 0.9.8
release until we can become better at cooperating with existing
configurations.  It will be enabled by editing the NetworkManager.conf
file if you'd like to use NM to configure bridges.
I have been following the "discussion on bugzilla 905035 and agree that slowly, slowly is a good approach for introducing bridge support in NM. Once the support is there and used to some degree (and all the usual corner-case "features" dealt with), then integration with other services such as libvirt can proceed.

In any case, I will be watching bugzilla for an available update. When it is available, I will give it a try.

Gene