Re: Disabling ip4 and IPV6 on F20RC1

Pavel Simerda <psimerda redhat com> writes:

This is a protocol
requirement.  Ref e.g. RFC 4291:

   2.8.  A Node's Required Addresses

   A host is required to recognize the following addresses as
   identifying itself:

      o Its required Link-Local address for each interface..
[etc]

Good. That's properly sourced.

But unfortunately we need to be a little bit careful about the theory
written down on paper and the actual needs. Linux has the long history
of allowing more than just blind following of what's written down.

I was writing a longer reply to this, but I think I'd better not.  This
is just stupid.

Bjørn