Re: Compile and Install Network Manager

Hi Malintha,

On Sun, 2013-04-07 at 19:41 +0600, Malintha Adikari wrote:
Hi,

I want to change the NM code, compile it and re-install it on my local
system. Im using Fedora 18.Is it safer to do it so ?  Or is there any
safer way to do it other than do it on Virtual machine?

If you're talking about overwriting /usr with e.g. "sudo make install",
I recommend downloading a known-good RPM of NetworkManager; then if you
run into trouble you can just reinstall it.