Re: For review: version 3 of IPv6 dynamic dns support

On 09/28/2012 05:27 PM, Pavel Simerda wrote:
I just realized that your patch will both conflict with modifications
in my branch and improve it at the same time. I had plans to improve
DHCPv6 configuration as a whole.

I kindly ask Dan and others to let me coordinate with Gene and integrate
mine and his patches together.

Thanks in advance,

Pavel
No problem with you taking this over.

My objective has always been to get the functionality implemented. When you get everything integrated integrated, give me a shout-out and I will be happy to test it.

I would appreciate knowing of anything wrong or just plain stupid that you find in the patch. I tried to clean up all of the vestiges of the earlier version now that dhclient6 has a conf file. I assume that the attached patch file is adequate but if you need anything else just ask.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Czarcinski" <gene czarc net>
To: networkmanager-list gnome org
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 6:40:32 PM
Subject: For review: version 3 of IPv6 dynamic dns support

Here is the next round of my patch to add support for IPv6 dynamic
dns
to NetworkManager.

As before, this depends on using dhclient on the client side.  As
before, IPv4 support remains the same.

While this does work if method dhcp is selected, this is purely by
chance.  The real usage is when method auto is selected where the
dhcp
service supplies the IPv6 address and dynamic update of dns with RA
(such as from radvd) supplying the default route.

As far as I know, there are not any "Red Hat ism" dependencies ...
the
patch now creates a conf file for dhclient-6.  Some functions were
renamed to include "ip4" in the names since there is now a "ip6"
version
also.

This has been tested with both radvd/named/dhcpd/dhcpd and
radvd/dnsmasq
providing the server side support.  It was developed based on the
NetworkManager-0.9.7.0-1.git20120820 rpms.

The patch is an attached file because my mail browser (Thunderbird)
seems to screw up inline patches.  The final submittal will be as an
attached file or from git ... your choice guys.

Comment??  Suggestions??  Whatever??

Gene