Re: NM serious usablity challenges

> A major defiency is the loss of deleting SSID configurations.  There is
> no 'delete' feature anymore in the Network Settings panel.

> this 'new' network manager does not tell me why it is failing.

> I cannot turn off wireless from the NM pulldown if it is currently
> trying (and really failing) to connect.

The network status menu is part of gnome-shell, and the Network Settings
panel is part of control-center; although they're built on top of NM's
APIs of course, the UI code is entirely in those other modules, outside
of NM's control. (You can file bugs against the shell and control-center
on bugzilla.gnome.org though.)

-- Dan