configuring bonding using NetworkManager-0.9.4 in Fedora 17

Hello,

I am trying to  configure bonding using  NetworkManager in Fedora 17. Fedora 17 has NetworkManager-0.9.4.  The configuration files look like the following -

Under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/

# cat ifcfg-bond0
DEVICE=bond0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
BONDING_MASTER="yes"
BONDING_OPTS="miimon=50 mode=balance-tlb"

# cat ifcfg-em3
BOOTPROTO="none"
DEVICE="em3"
ONBOOT="yes"
MASTER="bond0"
SLAVE="yes"
TYPE=Ethernet
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"

After restarting the NetworkManager, i have the following observations -

1. The bonding device bond0 does not have a MAC Id set
2.  The slave device as mentioned in the ifcfg-em3 is not enslaved
3. The bond0 has the miimon and mode as described in the BONDING_OPTS set.

# ip addr show dev bond0
20: bond0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,MASTER,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN
    link/ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

# cat /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves
-

## cat /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/{miimon,mode}
50
balance-tlb 5

I am trying to get familiar with NetworkManager,  and putting some prints in 'src/nm-device-bond.c' to find more details on points 1 and 2. It would be great if you could point out if I am missing some aspect as part of configuration.

With regards,
Narendra K