Re: Hello, please help with my 3G device

The Huawei plugin always starts probing USB interface 0; and it seems
that none of the 3 ttyACM ports given has usbif 0, so never starts
probing the other ports. The plugin should possibly wait up to N seconds
for usbif 0 to appear, and keep on probing normally if it doesn't appear
in that time.

Will try to prepare a patch for that.

Great! cannot wait to try :)

Attached is a patch to apply on top of the MM_05 branch of ModemManager:
   $> git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager
   $> cd ModemManager
   $> git checkout -b MM_05 origin/MM_05
   $> git am /path/to/the/patch.diff
   $> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
   $> make
   $> sudo make install

It is not a perfect solution, but should do the trick. I'll find a
better fix for git master/0.7; as I do have some probing improvements
ready there which would help quite a lot also in this case.

Let me know if it worked or not, as I don't have any Huawei modem around
to play with. Please attach debug logs in any case.

Hello, it partially works.

I can find the device in nm now, but when try to connect to 3g net, it fails.

Seems we're mixing up which is the port we use for control and the one we use for PPP. Can you run "AT^GETPORTMODE" with minicom in each of the ttyUSB?

--
Aleksander