Re: NetworkManager 0.8.6 doesn't reply to ActivateConnection

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 16:52 +0000, David Röthlisberger wrote:
> On 25 Jan 2012, at 22:02, Dan Williams wrote:

> >> I can reproduce this with a small python program.  Clearly a bug, fixing
> >> it now.
> >
> > The issue here is that, because it was simpler, the "default wired
> > connection" actually changes it's object path when it's updated.
>
> Thanks for the analysis. In the meantime we can work around this in our
> client by creating a new connection rather than using the existing one.
> How do we tell whether a Connection is the default one? By checking that
> GetSettings()["connection"]["id"] is something like "Auto eth0"?

When you say default, do you mean the "default wired connection" that NM
automatically creates when the interface has no other connection? (i'll
assume yes).  If so, there's really no good way to tell since it's
supposed to look like any other connection.  One way to get around this
would be if you start up and there is only one connection defined, and
it's called "Auto eth0" and is DHCP and it is MAC-locked to the wired
device, delete it, and create your own connection called something
different.