ignored hosts

Hi,

I would have thought this would have come up before, but I can't find
mention of it anywhere close to the developers. Perhaps it is 'silly' in
some way, or there is a non-GUI way of adding such.

I'm trying to find a way to add exceptions to the ignored hosts list.
Here is my use-case :

The company I work for, let's call it 'xyz.com', has some hosts on the
intranet and some on the internet, both in the same 'domain'.

EG, www.xyz.com is only available from the internet, and home.xyz.com is
only available from the intranet.

To get to regular internet sites from the intranet, I use a proxy
server. I have added '*.xyz.com' to the 'ignored hosts' tab in network
manager. Unfortunately, this stops me from being able to get to
www.xyz.com (and a few others).

Is there a way to add an 'exception' to the ignored hosts? I was hoping
for something like :

+*.xyz.com
-www.xyz.com

or even some kind of reg-ex or bash-like syntax :

!(www).xyz.com

Max.