Re: How to send and receive SMS with NetworkManager?

On Sat, 2011-12-31 at 01:38 +0000, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-30 at 22:49 +0100, Matej Kovacic wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is it possible to send and receive SMS messages from NetworkManager?
>
> Well, I also like to know the answer and if it is yes, how ?.
> In meantime, I found wammu, a software that promise read and send SMS.

ModemManager is what actually controls the modem, so you'd use
ModemManager to do so.  It provides a D-Bus interface (like
NetworkManager) and there's even a python example showing how to do it:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ModemManager/ModemManager/tree/test/mm-send-sms.py?h=MM_05

Note that not all modems supported by ModemManager support sending SMS
at this time.