SetLogging on a GSM Modem

How can I set SetLogging(DEBUG,PPP) for a gsm device? I understand the
command but I can't find the method in the device.

Also is there a way to read the NM_DEVICE_STATE_REASON apart from using
a signal? Would anyone have a PERL/Python script example?

Below are the methods, properties I can see for the device.

$ qdbus --system org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/3
method QString org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable.Introspect()
method QDBusVariant org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get(QString
interface, QString propname)
method void org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set(QString interface,
QString propname, QDBusVariant value)
signal void org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Serial.PppStats(uint,
uint)
property read uint org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Capabilities
property read uint org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.DeviceType
property readwrite QDBusObjectPath
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Dhcp4Config
property read QString org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Driver
property readwrite QString
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Interface
property readwrite uint org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Ip4Address
property readwrite QDBusObjectPath
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Ip4Config
property readwrite QDBusObjectPath
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Ip6Config
property read bool org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Managed
property read uint org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.State
property read QString org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Udi
method void org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.Disconnect()
signal void org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.Device.StateChanged(uint,
uint, uint)

Version is 0.8 running on Ubuntu