Re: Using NetworkManager in shell script

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 23:12 +0530, Aniket Oak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Fedora 13 and generally use only GUI. I have configured my adsl
> connection through NetworkManager.
>
> I want to write a script that starts broadband connection over
> ethernet. I generally do that using NetworkManager UI. Is it possible
> to use NetworkManager in the script to start the configured
> connection?
>
> I am a bit reluctant to use command line alternatives like pppoe-setup
> and pppoe-start OR ifup ppp0 because my connections are properly
> configured in NetworkManager.
>
> Even if I have to invoke UI in script, its not a problem, just want
> the connection done :-)
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

have have saw cnetworkmanager ?

rpm -qi cnetworkmanager.noarch
(...)
URL         : http://vidner.net/martin/software/cnetworkmanager/
Summary     : Command-line client for NetworkManager
Description : Cnetworkmanager is a command-line client for
NetworkManager, intended to supplement or replace the GUI applets.

Regards,
--
Sérgio M. B.