Re: Slow mobile broadband detection

> Except that patch only works for the 'option' driver, which is where
> most 3G modem USB IDs should be added.  If your device's IDs aren't
> there, you can't take advantage of the fix.  What are your device's IDs?

Well. How can I determine them and check if they are present or not?

Btw, the 'option' driver gets loaded.
$ lsmod | grep option
option                 25285  2
usb_wwan               20407  1 option
usbserial              42908  7 option,usb_wwan

$ modinfo option
filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.38-8-generic/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/option.ko
license:        GPL
version:        v0.7.2
author:         Matthias Urlichs <smurf smurf noris de>
srcversion:     0D74972353E56E42A1951FF
alias:          usb:v1EE8p000Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*
...a lot of other alias lines...