location based firewall

Hi,

> I have that setup. I solved it with scripts in
> /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/.
> you find UUIDs on command line with "nmcli con".

That is very nice and opens possibilities for developing location based
firewalls. For instance, when I am at home, I want to have my samba
share open, but when I am on wireless connection, I want to have
everything closed.

As far as I know Windows 7 has some similar location based firewall.

Are there any plans to create GUI for that? I have read old posts, and
there were some discussions about per-connection bandwith settings. That
would be also useful, but much more useful would be option to have
firewll integrated into NM (for instance ufw).

It would be great that Network Manager became complete network
management center...

Regards,

Matej