Re: Network Manager reason codes

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:26:37 +0000
mike cloaked <mike cloaked gmail com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 2:21 PM, mike cloaked <mike cloaked gmail com> wrote:
>
> >> iwconfig wlan0 sens -65
> >> I get:
> >> Error for wireless request "Set Sensitivity" (8B08) :
> >>      SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.
> >>

> that is allowed to change the sensitivity!  I guess for the first test
> I did the sens value can't be changed so I will run the tests with the
> second laptop instead.

Yes, that is unfortunate :(
The driver was recently upgraded from madwifi to the new kernel driver ath5k which it seems your card is
using. There might be some sysfs objects for changing sensitivity with this driver.

Here is the madwifi website:

http://madwifi-project.org/wiki/About/ath5k

you should try asking on one of their mailing lists if ath5k supports changing the sensitivity/roaming
behaviuor in general.

Regards
Sven