Re: multiplex mode support

Thanks, Dan! I have to deal with such a modem. Except the
implementation in kernel. I am interest in the implementation on user
space. The problem I may meet:
1. How to get the data from the modem before other module get? From my
understanding, for ppp, after the link established, the data only flow
in kernel.
2. How to feed the ppp packet into ppp module after decode the
multiplexing data?

My first thought to resolve this is using a pty. PPPd seems support
pty device. Multiplexing module get the modem data from modem device
directly and decode the data and feed the decoded data(if itis  the
ppp data) into the pty device which pppd opened.

This si practicable or not? Please give me some light.